- 31 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 0 week duration
This module has the theme of ‘all-that-glitters-is-not-gold’.
Module 2 analyzes the glamour promoted by popular culture, exposes the deception of this world and provides key thinking points for students to recognize this “dajal” with Surah Kahf as the backdrop. Stories of the “People of Saturday (ashab e Sabt)” and perished nations of ‘Aad, Thamud, Nations of Lut (as) and Nuh (as) provide a rear view mirror for today’s generation.
Mystery behind magic and fake fortune-telling is debunked with the explanation of Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas.
This theme is tied up with practical tips on how to engage with the Quran on a daily basis, importance of Shukr – having an attitude of gratitude and the power of tauba (repentance) – in constantly returning to Allah (SWT).
Personal development and interpersonal topics range from “Thinking win win” and “KISS Principle” to “Respecting your Parents” and “Thinking outside the Box”.
- Understand the deception and fragility of the glitz and glamour in this world
- How to recognize popular culture’s trickery and fraud
- Acquire spiritual and practical tools to stay away from fluff lifestyle choices
- Appreciate the importance of having good, clean fun
- Learn tools to overcome mental blocks that halt spiritual and personal development
- Absorb the meaning and purpose of true knowledge
- Discover the characteristics of a true seeker of knowledge
- Learn to declutter living spaces and head space
- Differentiate between thinking outside the box and going off the tangent
Scripture & Popular Culture
Tazkiyah (Purification of heart)