- 33 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 0 week duration
This is a first step to self-discovery module.
Module 1 introduces Islamic theology and scripture with topics such as “What is Islam”, “Introduction to the Quran” and “Beautiful names of Allah (SWT)”. The material emphasizes a believer’s relationship and his/her interactions with those around him/her.
Short Quranic Surahs are introduced through innovative activities. Surah Al Bayyinah’s, for example, has it’s key message in the form of ‘building a house’ exercise.
There is a strong component of personal development introduced with topics such as “90/10 Principal”, “How to have a Beautiful Mind” and “Finding Courage.” Deep-rooted spiritual diseases of “Greed” and “Lying” are also discussed in this module.
- Understand the concept of Tauheed (Oneness of God)
- Connect how logic leads to Tauheed
- Understand the implications of Tauheed and how it is manifested in our daily lives, in our celebrations and entertainments
- Appreciate Islam as a way of life – not just a set of religious rituals
- Recognize the meaning of being Allah (SWT)’s viceroys on Earth
- Comprehend the sync between Islam and science
- Categorize types of lies, their implications and learn preventive and curative methods to overcome this disease
- Differentiate between needs, wants and greed
Islam & Science
Tazkiyah (Purification of the Heart)